Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The Whole House of Israel

The faith of Christ, seen for what it truly is, puts a rather fine point on "who's on the Lord's side, who?", doesn't it?

Maybe it is "quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." (D&C 33:1)

For it puts one's apparent religiosity aside and asks: if you say you take Jesus for your Lord, and if you say you love him, are you doing what he said to do?

D&C 29:12-13
12 And again, verily, verily, I say unto you, and it hath gone forth in a firm decree, by the will of the Father, that mine apostles, the Twelve which were with me in my ministry at Jerusalem, shall stand at my right hand at the day of my coming in a pillar of fire, being clothed with robes of righteousness, with crowns upon their heads, in glory even as I am, to judge the whole house of Israel, even as many as have loved me and kept my commandments, and none else.

13 For a trump shall sound both long and loud, even as upon Mount Sinai, and all the earth shall quake, and they shall come forth--yea, even the dead which died in me, to receive a crown of righteousness, and to be clothed upon, even as I am, to be with me, that we may be one.

There's the House of Israel - those who love Jesus and keep his commandments, and nobody else. Apparently, tribal assignments in patriarchal blessings may not be worth the paper they're printed on, if we do not keep all Jesus's commandments.

D&C 42:29 If thou lovest me thou shalt serve me and keep all my commandments.

D&C 43:35 Be sober. Keep all my commandments. Even so. Amen.

D&C 136:42 Be diligent in keeping all my commandments, lest judgments come upon you, and your faith fail you, and your enemies triumph over you. So no more at present. Amen and Amen.

All of his commandments.

Those who are interested in being one of those who come forth to be even as Jesus is might ought to examine their scriptures to discern what Jesus actually commanded us to do - and go and do it.

What else matters?